HAIKYUU VS KUROKO NO BASUKE!!! (VERSUS TUESDAY)

It’s sports day! Two of the most popular sports anime Haiykuu and Kuroko no Basuke (Kuroko’s Basektball).

Which sports anime did you like best?

Now I really have to say I love both these anime sooo much. They both kept me on the edge of my seat. I felt like I was part of the team. I felt the drive they had as a team and individually of wanting to win.

Haikyuu:

I loved Hinata and Kageyama love hate relationship. They were complete opposites and yet they worked well together. Even though they argued every chance they got. I also loved their teammates. But their opponents were just as memorable as well. I mean hello my husband Oikawa.

Kuroko no Basuke

Kagami and Kuroko were such an amazing duo. The support they had for each other was on point. One stood out above the rest and the other was never seen, the shadow. But I really loved the generation of miracles. The skills and personalities were all individually awesome. I loved the supporting characters just as much probably a bit more than the main characters.

But in the end, it’s a very hard decision because I really liked both anime but I will have to go with Kuroko’s Basketball. I liked way more supporting characters than Haikyuu. I loved Kurko’s and kagami’s relationship even more. I stayed home for a week just to watch all three seasons of this show. It controlled my life haha

So, which Sports anime is your favorite???

27 thoughts on “HAIKYUU VS KUROKO NO BASUKE!!! (VERSUS TUESDAY)

1. Pingback: Mel’s Round-Up Week 39 | Mel in Anime Land

2. ennadune

I like sports anime in general but I didn’t really like Kuroko no Basuke and I actually stopped watching after a while. Maybe because it felt similar to Prince of Tennis which I had watched for too long and I couldn’t bring myself to watch another similar sports anime. In contrast I found Haikyuu refreshing, with more emphasis on teamwork rather than individual abilities. I guess that makes my choice obvious, haha! Thanks for the article πŸ™‚

3. Moonid

I think the comparison is kind of unfair considering that kuroko no basuke has many players with otherworldly ability, and Haikyuu is more relatable to reality xd comparing Prince of Tennis vs Kuroko no basuke, and Haikyuu vs Ace of Diamond would be more fair πŸ™‚

I did that versus already and that result was kind of a tie. Some people chose haikyuu. I think it depends to everyone’s opinion but it’s not just the characters, it’s also the story. I like kuroko’s story better.

I really don’t like sports, but I am lately trying out pretty much anything when it comes to anime. After reading a great post over on D’s blog on Kuroko no Basuke, I have added that one to my Crunchyroll que, to get started on pretty soon. So I guess my vote goes out to that one, even though I haven’t seen it yet lol πŸ˜‚

I haven’t watched Kuroko yet and I’m still finalising my view of Haikyuu. Though, this post has kind of pointed out that my next sports anime probably needs t obe Kuroko no Basuke.

6. animeichan

With all of Kuroko’s Basketball fans up there, I will go for Haikyuu. The last OVA of Haikyuu is awesome and filled with action. Kuroko’s Basketball feels like chuunibyou fever for me while Haikyuu is much more realistic.

I do not mean I dislike Kuroko’s Basketball. It is awesome of course, with the anime high-lighting the assisting strength of point-guards and other features of basketball, but there’s like mind-cringing moments along with it, chuunibyou moments.

Reference: The “limited” bundle of episodes I have watched.

7. NEETaku

I would choose Kuroko no Basuke simply because of the sports aspect of the anime. I’ve watched volleyball on TV for and it can be exciting, but I feel Haikyuu hasn’t done enough to sell people on that excitement. A lot of the action scenes are palette swaps and seem lazy at times.

Not that I haven’t been kept on the edge of my seat or not shout out when I see something exciting happen. It just feels like the show focuses more on it’s great characters to l to the detriment of the games.