WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE CLASSIC ANIME???

I’ve been feeling very nostalgic lately. I am kind of going through a thing right now where I just want to watch classic anime, so I’ve been rewatching a few. I just finished cowboy a Bebop and will be writing a review by this weekend.

So, I wanted to know what are some of your favorite classic anime? I’ll give my Top 5 because my list can go on for dayssss hahaha. This is in no order.

DRAGON BALL Z

Well of course I have to put Dragon Ball Z because it was my first anime. It will always have a special place in my heart. This anime made me the otaku I am today. I love the action, I love that it took almost 3 episodes for Goku to create a spirit ball. I love how each villain Goku had to fight was crazy in their own way. Plus you can’t help but like Vegeta and his crazy attitude.

COWBOY BEBOP

Cowboy Bebop I mean def one of my fav anime ever. I wil be writing a review on this anime this weekend. But this is a must watch because the characters in this show are all amazing and cool in their own way. I love the adventures they went on. They were the coolest anti heroes haha.

GHOST IN TH SHELL

Ghost in the shell is just awesome because Motoko the Major is just a unique and strong character. I knew because of her that I love strong and powerful women. She was pretty awesome. I remember as a kid I tried to be straight face like her but it didn’t work hahaha.

POKEMON

Come on its Pokemon. I feel like so many kids had to watch Pokemon. Last year when Pokemon Go came out and it was popular I was obsessed. I just knew I was awesome and super happy I can catch Pokemon like Ash, Misty and Brock. I mean the little pocket monsters in this show would always surprise me as a kid because there were so many and they were all different. I also loved how they can evolve to something better. The battles were so cool I mean what kid did not enjoy Pokemon.

SAILOR MOON

Last but definitely not least are my girls the sailor Scouts. Sailor moon was probably my second anime I started to watch. My sister and I would actually wake up extra early before school just to watch this show. I mean I would never wake up early for anything. But for this show we did. We both would sing the opening every and I mean every time. The song was super catchy. They girls were all amazing and I loved them all individually. But of course sailor Mars was my favorite.

God this list makes me want to cry 😒😒😒 just thinking about my life as a kid and loving anime like I did. As I said this list could go on forever, I could have added Inuyasha, Mobile Suit Gundam and so on and so forth. But these 5 really really hit me the hardest in my life.

So, Please tell me your favorite classic anime?

37 thoughts on “WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE CLASSIC ANIME???

1. lingoongeung

Very nostalgic post. I like Sailor Moon too. A lot of anime were introduce in Philippines. I like FUSHIGI YUUGI OR CURIOUS PLAY (in English title) where you’ll fall in love with Tamahome, the Vigilant KNIGHT HUNTERS(Weiss Kreuz), FLAME OF RECCA and a looot more(just 3 of my favorite).

2. GeekyGirlWrites

Yeeeeesss!!!! I love Cowboy Bebop so much! It was such an awesome anime!! πŸ˜„
    Some of my other favorite classic anime are Naruto, Paranoia Agent, Serial Experiments: Lain, and Samurai Champion.

1. GeekyGirlWrites

Serial Experiments Lain was the first psychological anime I watched and it’s really good! I think you’ll really enjoy it. 😊😊

3. renxkyoko

When I was a kid, I didn’t know I had been watching animes…. I didn’t know what animes were…… they all looked cartoons to me, and in fact, I remember not liking them because I thought they were “cheap” American cartoons. I was a Disney kind of kid who watched Aladin and Mulan over and over again, and memorized all the songs. Not to forget Sponge Bob. I remember Sailor Moon, though, and did get to watch the series.

4. kwenzqoatl

Dragonball Z was my entire childhood. πŸ™‚ I have lost track of how many times I have watched it. In second place would be Yugioh. I was so into it and even played the card game. I actually got a chance to go to local tournaments and even won a few. Such good times. haha

5. Thecerealsensei

Ghost In The Shell, because it’s just so awesome. Though i watched the live action film finally today and I have a sour taste in my mouth

Ronin Warriors-All Of The Cheesy 90s action you could ever dream of

Trigun-I remember i honestly didnt like this show at first but by the time it got the last episode i was so invested and my emotions were all over the place

Pokemon-I mean i had the cards and everything, this wasnt just a show, it was a way of life lol

A lot of the classics animes i watched were actually movies instead of series

Ninja Scroll-This changed the way I viewed anime forever when I saw this as a kid

Akira- Who didnt wanna ride that motorcycle?

Galaxy Express 999-I don’t remember much of this movie other than that it was one of the first anime films I had ever watched

Fatal Fury The Motion Picture-As a gamer this was pure heaven to me and still stands as my favorite anime movie of all time. The world needs to appreciate Terry Bogard

Princess Mononoke-Also one of the first films that exposed me
    to anime

Akira is the revolution in anime. I would have rode the motorcycle.

Also, I saw ghost in the shell live action movie and let’s just say I wanted to burn my eyes out.

Definitely Sailor Moon and then Neon Genesis Evangelion. Still, Sailor Moon is going to have a special place in my heart forever no matter how bad some parts of that are and Crystal certainly didn’t replace it.

My list would definitely be pretty similar. I’ve gotta throw Pokemon in there at number 1 because it really got me into anime. 2nd would be Megaman NT Warrior as it was the first anime that I bought as a kid. 3rd would be Naruto since it was the first time that I got my parents to watch it as well and it became a nice family event every night. 4th and 5th would have to be Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura. Those two always give me a lot of nostalgia. A close runner up would be Digimon. The only reason DBZ didn’t make it into my list is because I actually didn’t get to see it until I was older. As a kid, I always heard about the show, but never got the chance to see it. I’m sure glad that I fixed that!

Well, I recently did a post about the Macross series. That is definitely one of my favorite animeseries of the past. But I also like Starblazers, and the absolutely insane Urusei Yatsura. As for movies Ghost in the Shell is definitely one of them, but also Akira, the Eind of Amnesia, and Grave of the Fireflies. I always like being nostalgic too, so I quite often watch classic movies, tv shows and animeseries. It always is cool to watch these things from the past 😊