TOKYO GHOUL LIVE ACTION – ENGLISH SUB TRAILER

So recently they have announced there will be a live action version of Tokyo Ghoul. Usually, live action films disappoint many anime fans, we rather stick with the anime version. But here is the Trailer of the live action Tokyo Ghoul that is supposed to hit Japanese theaters on July 29th. I hope it comes to American theatres as well soon. I don’t like to wait haha.

It it doesn’t look that bad but hey you never know what to expect. Take a look below.

Tell ll me your thoughts on this.

23 thoughts on “TOKYO GHOUL LIVE ACTION – ENGLISH SUB TRAILER

1. wholeproduction

I know I sound like a hater but i think this looks bad. It looks like the most anime turn movie…bad. it doesn’t even matter if it’s done by the west or japan, there are very few adaptation to the big screen that looks good. this look bad, it hope it proves me wrong but it really looks bad.

2. Ur Senpai

How funny, I was actually talking with a friend about possible animes that could be turned into live actions, and I briefly mentioned Tokyo Ghoul, only to realize that it will be getting one! ( Such a psychic cx )

I think it looks pretty good from the trailer, especially the masks. I also like the looks of the actors, fits the characters well. Maybe it won’t be as bad as we think, for once?

Given one of the things I liked about the anime was the appearance, I’m going to be honest and say that the trailer there doesn’t really get me particularly excited for a live action version. While Tokyo Ghoul certainly had its dark moments, the colour scheme was always quite vibrant and that seems lacking here.
    That said, the trailer didn’t really show much of anything so who knows what it will end up looking like.

4. weekendotaku

Ugh, no.

I’m sorry, I don’t usually like to be discouraging but I don’t think this is going to turn out half as good as the anime (1st season). The costumes aren’t very good and from what little I saw of the special effects the kagune are probably not going to be impressive.

Tokyo Ghoul is still on my to watch list (and after having dad Karandi’s review for it recently, it moved up quite a few spaces), but I have heard it said that it really is a wonderful series. Can’t really tell much from this trailer, but you are quite right, it does not look half bad 😊

Haha, well I am currently right in the middle of Your Lie in April (following Weekend Otaku’s rewatch feature for it). After that is Yuri on Ice, which I have delayed watching for way too long, and after that…well Tokyo Ghoul really looks tempting. So that one might be up after that 😊 I always watch every anime in sub, so no worries about that 😀

6. gorithific

the costumes look very cheap,a cosplayer could do better,
    the characters are good for the acting but they don’t look like the characers, especially touka

other than that,it looks “not bad”