WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE RIVALRY IN ANIME?

There are many shows that will have a classic rivalry between two characters. To name a few top ones Sasuke and Naruto (NARUTO), Gray and Natsu (FAIRYTAIL), Goku and Vegeta (DRAGON BALL) and Ino and Sakura (NARUTO).

But everyone has one rivalry that they like the best. My favorite and ultimate rivalry between two characters are Shizuo Heiwajima and Izaya Orihara (DURARARA).

The anger they have against each other is hilarious. I love when Izaya is in the street plotting to do something evil, you hear Shizuo scream “IZAYA” and then there is a vending machine or pole being tossed at him. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Their rivalry started as soon as they met each other in highschool. It escalated when Izaya framed Shizuo for a crime he committed.

Throughout the series Shizuo never trusted Izaya. Whenever anything bad is happening in Ikeburo he knows it is all related back to Izaya. Izaya can never look at Shizuo as a person he always considers him an animal. Especially due to Shizuo’s anger and physical power.

They will never become friends. They will continue to have animosity towards each other. I love this rivalry to the fullest.

SO, WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE RIVALRY IN ANIME?

46 thoughts on “WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE RIVALRY IN ANIME?

I’d have to go with Goku and Vegeta on this one. It’s one of those super classic rivalries that I never get tired of seeing and I also like that it isn’t too mean spirited. They both respect each other’s abilities and constantly encourage each other to get stronger and stronger. It’s a very healthy rivalry.

2. Arria Cross

Oh my gosh, yes! Izaya x Shizuo rocks! And they’re voiced by my favourite seiyuu to boot—Kamiya Hiroshi x Ono Daisuke. Hmmm. As for me, it’s difficult to decide. But at the top of my head, it’ll probably be Light & L from Death Note. But not fixed because I have the strongest feeling that I have other rivalries that I love equally as them. Good post!

3. D

You already know that Izaya and Shizuo’s fights are a favorite of mine in Durarara. Apat from these, I like L and Light from Death Note and Ryoma and Tezuka from Prince of Tennis as well as Ryoma and Tokugawa from New Prince of Tennis (alright there are a lot of rivalries in that show….)

1. Tessa

How could you not? Their rivalry is beyond words. I have not seen a rivalry like theirs and I love it! It’s too precious. The whole time wanting them to make peace and just be while also laughing at their antics and wondering what will happen next hoping that it never ends. It’s very conflicting πŸ˜€

4. Mistress of Yaoi

first this is an awesome piece and was fun to read and second, my favorite rivalry is soo going to make me look old but I have to go with Yugi and Kaiba from Yugioh. Starting as bitter rivals mostly because of Kaiba, I love this rivalry mostly for the growth it has throughout the series. Yugi makes several attempts throughout the series to befriend Seto but that stubborn streak of his makes it near impossible. Kaiba for his part started out as a very generic shounen villian, but the growth of character for him shown in the series, especially in duelist kingdom with his brother showed a deeper character than a cut out villian

5. demigod365

Yet to watch Durarara 😁😜.
    For a change, my favorite leaving Death note aside for obvious reasons (πŸ˜›) is Boku no hero academia rival pair. Choosing from the recent ones 😁. They kinda resemble Naruto – Sasuke rivalry, except Kacchan is a more acceptable character to me. XP

6. Matthew

For rivalries I want to say Goku and Vegeta. I do hear that these guys are more like friends in Super however. Another group of characters is Naruto and Sasuke from Naruto. Also, I want to mention Yugi and Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh!

7. Thecerealsensei

Probably Saito Vs Kenshin from Ruroni Kenshin. Their rivalry was really subtle because there was some respect their. But I liked that you spent the entire show wondering when they were finally gonna fight and once they did my jesus it was everything I’d hope it would be. That was one of my favorite anime fights of all time.

Goku Vs Vegeta also gets an honorable mention because no matter how many times he comes up short in comparison Vegeta refuses to quit

I’m not a massive fan of rivalries in anime but I guess Natsu and Gray from Fairy Tail because they only seem to fight when nothing is happening anyway. Once things get serious they mostly have each other’s backs.